Video Editor, Bloomberg Opinion
Posted Oct 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 121133
Bloomberg Opinion is seeking a Video Editor based in London to join our global team of columnists and editors.
We're looking for a video journalist to work on all aspects of the editorial process – from idea generation and script writing to directing shoots and post-production. You’ll bring dazzling ideas for opening hooks, an eye for great visuals, a competitive spirit, strong news judgment and an irrepressible excitement for what’s happening in social video and how we can develop our audience.
Most of all, you relish the opportunity to lead the most important debates of the day in a fast-emerging medium with substance, data and powerful visuals.
WE'LL EXPECT YOU TO:
- Produce short-form videos on a daily basis that combine your mastery of video editing and our columnists’ expertise to break through to our core Bloomberg audience, and, crucially, new audiences on video platforms like TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Develop programming based on our publications strengths and the signals of audience engagement data and social media trends
- Innovate new ways of turning often complex opinion columns into digestible content for a social media audience: experimenting with explainers, voiceovers, data and trending sounds
- Identify the power of evergreen topics to create powerful enterprise videos that draw audience for weeks and months
- Collaborate with columnists and editors on best practices of social video and turning abstract ideas into engaging video content
- Create other content targeted for social and digital platforms including video and graphics editing, as well as some written content
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- At least 2 years of video editing experience on Adobe Premiere or Final Cut
- Experience in using the Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator
- Experience in using editing and graphics software including Canva and CapCut
- Experience in using live streaming platforms like Twitter, TikTok and Riverside
- A newsroom metabolism and ability to work within deadlines, especially during major breaking news
- Strong interest in news and ideas surrounding business, markets, economics, politics and technology
- Strong news judgment and a background in journalism preferred
- Strong knowledge of and active use of social media platforms including YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
PLEASE INCLUDE A PORTFOLIO/SHOWREEL WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (mailto:AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (mailto:EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (mailto:APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net) (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) (mailto:email@example.com)