Web Product Manager (12 Months Contract)
Posted Nov 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 97266
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
As part of the Digital Team within the Bloomberg Marketing Studio, the Web Product Manager is the key support for building a product from the ground up. They are focused on understanding business and market requirements, then assisting in the prioritization of the work to be done by the design and engineering teams accordingly. You should be a passionate digital marketer who proactively identifies, recommends and implements measurable improvements across web and other channels. Communication and execution are key factors to your success in this role. You will also need to be a proactive team member identifying solutions and opportunities.
The Web Product Manager is a jack of all trades when it comes to understanding UX, email, business analysis, design, copywriting, development, and QA. This is accomplished by utilizing creative and technical skills, providing proper support and maintenance, as well as closely working with designers, developers, and other specialists as a unified team.
What you'll do:
- Work with marketing managers, designers, web and email development teams and other stakeholders to enhance functionality and features on web products as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities; work with designers to accommodate content updates and feature requests as well
- Build and manage the product backlog, closely partner with the business and the team to ensure everyone understands the work items in the product backlog, interpret requests into Jira issues with definition of completion/success
- Provide the development and design teams clear guidance on which features to deliver and when
- Manage, update and build out products as-needed with the willingness to roll up your sleeves to do the day-to-day updates, as well as manage larger scale updates and enhancements
- Own the workflow process for email marketing campaigns, including; creation, QA and deployment
- Test and review completed web requests in a QA environment before signing off for deployment
- Troubleshoot platform issues and solve them with the help of web developers and extended Digital Marketing team
- Provide ad hoc and regular reports to stakeholders using Google Analytics and Eloqua
- Validate requests against metrics to assess the value of the undertaking
- Test marketing campaign elements and interactions for continual improvements and optimization
- Identify opportunities for product and content enhancements
You need to have:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience* in web production/product management
- Deep familiarity with digital marketing concepts, practices and programs with a strong understanding of email, social, and web marketing
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of updates and changing technical requirements for web and email applications
- Knowledge of best practices for web UX design
- Experience working in an Agile engineering environment
- SEO, SEM, paid social, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics knowledge
- Proven success in developing, testing and deploying multiple marketing campaigns with the ability to execute quick iterations to test theories and designs, using experience, analytics and data for decision making
- Experience with content management systems, specifically WordPress
- Demonstrated success in project management with an aptitude to effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Solid knowledge in HTML and familiarity with CSS.
Strong relationship management skills with exemplary communication and presentation skills (persuasive written, compelling oral)
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com