Weekends Editor - London
Posted Jun 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 75478
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings and other events, enabling readers, viewers and listeners to stay a step ahead of the markets.
You're an editor who will help us deploy a robust weekend strategy from London, setting Bloomberg's agenda on the terminal, Bloomberg.com, mobile and social media. You'll demonstrate superior news judgment and have experience editing stories on a variety subjects.
You'll be comfortable coordinating and publishing fast-breaking news across multiple platforms, and not be afraid of leading from the front and doing everything it takes for Bloomberg News to succeed Friday evening to Monday morning.
The work schedule for this role is Thursday to Sunday inclusive.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce and edit breaking news with teams and platforms
- React quickly to unexpected stories and help break news
- Help create an enterprise strategy for the weekends
- Promote the most important stories of the day on TOP, Bloomberg.com, social media and mobile
- Be a team player and embrace a no-special-people attitude
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and interest in markets, politics, companies, sports and general interest news
- Ability to organize coverage and collaborate across the platforms
- Experience editing stories, sending headlines, embracing social media and mobile strategy
- No fear about breaking institutional norms surrounding weekend coverage
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll be in touch with next steps if you're a fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.