Workflow & Market Specialist – Energy
Posted Oct 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 79082
Comprised of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, our team of market specialists serve as the de facto market and asset class authorities within Bloomberg.
On any given day as a Market Specialist, you may be providing critical input to help shape the development of our product, consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, or helping to set sales strategy and close new opportunities. By championing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material you become the face of our company.
This expertise not only heightens our user communities’ experience and impacts sales revenue, it also plays a critical role in improving the knowledge and strategy of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. Our energy market specialists also work closely with Bloomberg’s BNEF analysts to set the research agenda, provide feedback and define broader strategy.
We will trust you to:
- Utilize your strong market experience, detailed knowledge of industry trends and demonstrated technical skills to assist in generating revenue for our terminal business and suite of Enterprise solutions
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients concerning the challenges that they face, and how they can use our products and technology to address them
- Develop an in depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this affects both internal and external stakeholders
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg products through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients
- Establish your own roadmap of initiatives that align with product, sales, and corporate goals. Maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience in the oil, power or gas markets ideally gained from working in a front office role within a commodities trading business
- A strong understanding of trading strategies for prompt/forward markets, in your area of expertise, and a comprehensive understanding of the underlying fundamentals that underpin that market
- Extensive and strong relationships within your market
- Practical experience using the terminal, or similar product, and applicable asset class functionality
- The business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions so as to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small across a wide range of levels of understanding of commodity markets
- A reciprocal and commercial mind-set, along with ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles
- A willingness to travel across EMEA as required in order to provide clients with a premier service
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills in English
We’d love to see:
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Evidence of innovative/creative approaches in developing new or existing business
- Proven consultative sales skills, including competitor market research and business development
- Experience working cross functionally with software development teams on product enhancements
- Good experience of data analysis in Excel &/or Python would be ideal but not a prerequisite
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.