Workflow & Market Specialist - Equity Buyside
Posted Sep 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 93893
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You’ll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people. It gives us the edge.
What's the role?
The Workflow & Market Specialist team within Enterprise Sales serves as the buy-side market & workflow experts at Bloomberg. On any given day as a Market Specialist, you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and providing critical feedback to help shape the development of our product. By evangelising the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of our company.
Comprised of former portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, our team of market specialists serve as the de facto market and asset class authorities. Our team not only heightens our user base’s experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We will trust you to
- Utilizes your strong market and industry trends knowledge, technical skills, and knowledge to assisting in generating revenue for our terminal business and suite of Enterprise tools.
- Act in an advisory capacity to our clients around the challenges that they face, and how then can or could use our products and technology to solve them.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the competitor landscape and how this effects both Bloomberg internally as well as our clients.
- Influence the direction of Bloomberg product through thought leadership, contribution on innovative ideas, and establishing relationships between Bloomberg's decisions makers and our clients.
- Establish your own roadmap of initiatives that align with product, sales, and corporate goals.
- Maintain check-in points, and self-report successes and challenges on these strategies.
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals.
- Seek out additional ways to make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement.
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience in equities either as a Quantamental Analyst, or Portfolio Manager
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience working across financial services
- A sound understanding of Fundamental Analysis: financial statements & ratios and company valuation metrics & models
- Practical experience using the terminal, or similar product, and applicable asset class functionality
- The business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions so as to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- Proven consultative sales skills, including competitive market research, lead generation, prospecting, business development and closing sales
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- A willingness to travel across EMEA (6-9 nights a month) as required in order to provide clients with a premier service
- Outstanding presentation, training and communication skills in English
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in one or more European language (strong preferences for French or German)
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities - for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Having an interest in ESG as well as in Alternative data
- An experience using or implementing a Research Management System
- Experience of python, capable of writing basic applications and discussing the process of building data-driven products
- CFA charter-holder and/or MBA
If this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.