iOS Mobile Developer
Posted Mar 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 74096
The Bloomberg Professional mobile app provides financial professionals with an indispensable utility that they can use while away from their desks to stay connected, solve problems, and get caught up on things they have missed. Our customers can look at up-to-date market news, explore in-depth market analysis, receive instant notifications on critical market moving events, and stay connected to the Bloomberg community while they are on the move.
The Mobile Infrastructure team is responsible for the foundations of our mobile offering, building the tools and APIs that are used by the rest of the 60+ members of the Mobile Professional engineering team to develop robust, scalable mobile experiences that deliver the power of the Bloomberg Professional Service in the palm of your hand. Our team owns core UI components and navigation frameworks, application lifecycle and dependency management, network connectivity APIs, and build/release tooling.
We are looking for a senior iOS software engineer to join the team to help us with our mission to improve the scalability and developer experience of our large, diverse codebase. With new projects on the horizon, and opportunities for both technical specialists as well as those looking to progress into team leadership, you'll have ample chance to make an impact.
We'll trust you to:
- Become part of an established scrum team
- Be responsible for a highly diverse technology stack around the iOS platform. The role will expose you to a broad set of languages (Objective-C, Swift, C++, Python) and tools, and you'll be able to continue to push the boundaries by exploring new technologies as well as improving existing ones
- Dive fearlessly into existing code anywhere in the app no matter where it lies in the stack
- Collaborate effectively: you'll work closely with colleagues working on Android & back-end infrastructure, our QA team, and our clients in application teams
- Continue to foster a culture of sustained, high-quality delivery through collaboration and effective teamwork
You'll need to have:
- Expertise developing and designing native iOS applications in both Objective-C and Swift
- Expertise in writing modular and (highly) testable code
- Experience partnering with a diverse set of stakeholders
We'd love to see:
- A passion for teaching other people what you know, and mentoring less experienced team members
- A passion for learning new things
- A desire to engage with external communities
If you are interested in the role and your skills are a good match, we will reach out to set up an interview. You can find out more about our interview process here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/