Los Angeles, CA
Posted Oct 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 96688
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg is looking for a reporter in Los Angeles to cover the entertainment business as it undergoes the greatest upheaval since the dawn of TV. From the storied studio lots to social media hype houses and podcasting studios, businesses are spending billions of dollars to reach customers on their personal devices wherever they are in the world. We want someone who can work a room, get the most out of a power lunch and look beyond the red-carpet glitz to uncover what’s really happening at some of the largest and most powerful companies in the world are planning.
We'll trust you to have:
We're looking for a reporter with the competitive drive to work the phones hard to nail down a hot tip, the writing ability to curate a smart riff on a developing story, and the patience and organizational skills to piece together long-term enterprise, features and data projects for all of Bloomberg's platforms, including digital, video and print.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing sources at tough-to-penetrate companies and maintains an active network of contacts to mine for tips. You have the ability to convert a new acquaintance into a fount of information. It's tough to break out in Hollywood, and we want someone with the ambition to become the reporter everyone wants to talk to.
Successful applicants will need to have:
- At least 3 years of experience reporting on business news at the national or international level.
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture sourcing relationships at various levels of seniority.
- Ability to work within and across reporting teams to deliver stories with maximum impact, clarity and authority.
- A keen eye for the details and great focus on accuracy.
- Interest in traveling and expanding your network of sources beyond the regional level.
- Familiarity with public records, securities filings, and other data.
- Working knowledge of financial markets at both the public and private levels.
- Ability to be creative, think through fresh ways to frame stories, and surprise readers.
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.