Australia Pensions Reporter - Melbourne
Posted Apr 28, 2022 - Requisition No. 103029
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
What is the role?
We are looking for an Australia Pensions Reporter to join our team in Melbourne and build our coverage of Asia Pacific's second largest retirement savings pot, one estimated to almost double in size to A$5.4 trillion by the decade's end. Working in the hub of Australasia's buyside network, home to some of the world's biggest investment managers as well the nation's largest listed companies, you'll be charged with breaking news and delivering multi-platform stories that have an impact with a global audience.
You are passionate and can produce real-time reports on pension funds in this dynamic market that is deeply enmeshed in the latest ESG trends and political debates. You can also innovate to deliver insightful, smart analysis as well as write longer-form features and enterprise stories.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and write enterprise stories analyzing pension industry trends on deadline
- Monitor stock and index moves and explain reasons behind those moves to our readers
- Have contacts within the industry among traders and fund managers
- Mine the Bloomberg terminal for smart, data-driven stories
- Participate in live coverage of events such as central-bank decisions and earnings reports, highlighting the pension industry impact
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Be a team player
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 2 years of financial journalism experience
- Previous experience in a real-time breaking news environment
- Proven ability to make and build sources in financial markets
- A track record of team work and collaboration
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.