Metal & Mining Reporter - Melbourne
Posted Apr 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 102591
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organization in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic reporter to join the energy and commodities team in Australia, with a focus on the world's biggest mining companies, the energy transition and climate change. You are passionate about breaking news as well as producing deeply reported stories that sing to a global audience.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on market-moving mining and energy stories
- Write enterprise pieces that are compelling to a wide spectrum of readers
- Have contacts within the mining and energy industries as well as relevant agencies and government bodies
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Collaborate with peers across Asia and beyond
- Be innovative with different story formats including video, web and graphic-led stories
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 recent years of reporting experience covering business or finance
- Experience working at a real-time news service
- Experience covering commodities as a reporter
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.