News Desk Planning Editor - Melbourne
Posted Jan 9, 2024 - Requisition No. 122489
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are seeking a long-term planning editor to join our News Desk team in Asia. You'll be responsible for leading cross-platform planning of the most important events and other stories across the region, working with collaborators to shape coverage and ensure it runs efficiently. You'll also work closely with counterparts in the Americas and EMEA on global events and stories that cross regions.
You are someone who pays close attention to detail, who loves to coordinate and elevate news coverage. You are a problem solver able to build a deep internal Bloomberg network who feels comfortable working with News/TV/Digital stakeholders. You are also eager to develop new workflows and get involved in all aspects of editorial planning.
We'll trust you to:
- Build and maintain an editorial planning calendar for APAC, in conjunction with global counterparts
- Establish and run an APAC monthly planning meeting
- Think across platforms and time zones when planning coverage and amplifying diverse perspectives from both within and outside Bloomberg
- Work seamlessly with editorial leads from teams and bureaus in APAC and around the world and ensure our content is accessible to a diverse audience of business-savvy readers
- Represent APAC in global planning discussions
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of business journalism experience
- Experience covering financial markets as a reporter and editor
- Experience using Trello and AP planner to run the editorial calendar and events
- Experience with cross-platform planning
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s degree or degree-equivalent qualifications
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Melbourne | www.bloomberg.com/australia
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.