Company Financials & Earnings Estimates Analyst
Posted Mar 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 101442
Bloomberg runs on data. In Global Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients through innovative technology, quickly and accurately for their financial data needs. On the Earnings Estimates team, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after centralized information for many different markets, following high speed and quality standards.
What’s the role?
As an Earnings Estimates Analyst, your actions will produce powerful results. You will need to have the context – meaning that having passion for and an understanding of the markets is a must. With this foundation, you’ll develop expertise in key markets and manage the corresponding data. You’ll learn to leverage your financial knowledge and analytical thinking to derive meaningful insights for our customers.
You will be expected to have great influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the Estimates market, whether that is thought market expertise, project management, leadership or routines automation. You will be responsible for the data, its quality and the expansion of the Latin America database, and to build and manage relationships with Bloomberg News, Sales, Product and other internal and external clients as you support their needs with financial data expertise.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update and maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Work on complex data projects related to Equity Fundamentals and Earnings Estimates data sets
- Develop subject matter expertise and derive powerful intelligence – founding the backbone of our Research and Equity functionality
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Economics or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 3 years of work/internship experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology
- A can-do attitude, and a very proactive approach to each day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience interpreting financial statements; understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Detail-oriented research and analysis skills
- Strong organizational competency and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically approach problems
- Keen interest in information management, technology and product development
- Ability to adapt within a dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- A solid foundation or previous experiences with Python language
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred/CFA designation
- Any level of Portuguese
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.