Data Analyst Equity - Mexico City
Posted Apr 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 102171
Bloomberg runs on data. In Global Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. On the Fundamentals team, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after reported-on and normalized financials, key analytical ratios, and industry-specific data points.
Here’s where your industry expertise comes into play. Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers or processing complex financial data – your work will help ensure the consistency and quality of company portfolios at an industry level.
What’s the role?
In this particular role, you would be responsible for the workflows for the coverage of companies based in Latin America. As a Data Analyst, you will develop both your technical skills, working in projects like; process automations, python based routines, file scraping and database management, and also your knowledge in financial concepts.
You will manage the data sources we leverage and use your innovation and market knowledge to add efficiency to our acquisition processes. You will build relationships with Bloomberg News, Data scientists, Sales, Product, Data teams and other internal and external clients as you support their needs with industry and financial data expertise.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and maintain data workflows responsible for extraction, transformation, and uploads
- Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Acquire, update & maintain high-quality financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting industries
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Interact and assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Participate and manage large and complex data projects related to Equity Fundamental market data sets
- Develop subject-matter expertise in fast-moving market sector information
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Keen interest in information management, technology, and product development
- Fluency in Spanish and English, Portuguese a plus
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented research and analysis skills
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and to adapt in a fast-paced changing environment
We’d love to see:
- Previous work experience with statistical analysis or computer programming
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and strong knowledge and understanding of finance and accounting
- Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred/CFA designation
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management within the financial industry
- A high-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.