Data Corp Actions Analyst
Posted Aug 17, 2022 - Requisition No. 106515
You enjoy finding opportunities within the financial markets driven by market or company events. You are always listening to the pulse of the financial markets for the latest news and movements. You dig deeply into companies to understand the actions they take and why. You look beyond the headlines to understand the importance of the underlying data and how events are related across companies and industries. You enjoy solving various problems and creating efficiencies. You’re just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Corporate Actions team in Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. We are responsible for managing, interpreting, enhancing and reporting corporate events content for equity markets and other asset classes including funds. With market complexity increasing, managing our corporate events in the timeliest and most accurate manner while delivering key insights to our clients stands as a top priority. Leveraging deep product knowledge, strong client relationships and interactions, and innovative thinking we are constantly striving to develop the best-in-class Corporate Actions product. Our team covers all equity-related corporate actions including distributions, dividends and equity changes.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
Joining the Data Departments means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will develop the product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal. As your experience grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of the Corporate Actions product, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership.
We will trust you to:
- Develop and increase knowledge across equities’ Corporate Actions
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by comparing Bloomberg data to source documentation and procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve our data products and/or associated processes and building prototypes to validate and illustrate requirements
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Research & Development to enhance relevant product databases
- Manage data projects related to Corporate Actions
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying market conventions and/or data relationships
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Passion for technology and finance and desire to innovate and lead change
- Business fluency in English and Spanish
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly client management
- Up to 2 years of prior experience or strong knowledge of corporate finance
- Keen interest in information management and technology and product development
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced changing environment
We need you to have:
We'd love to see:
- A background in equity markets with additional knowledge of Corporate Actions
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices
- A presence in virtual development communities such as GitHub, Stack, Overflow and HackerRank
- Familiarity with statistical and machine learning methods
- Passion for technology and finance
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.