Equities Reporter - Mexico City
Posted Mar 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 74157
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial news organizations in the world, leading the way covering markets large and small, across asset classes. We're looking for an experienced reporter to join our Equities group in Mexico City, to break market-moving news on Mexican companies and the country's markets.
You are a dedicated news breaker with an existing source network who can work with colleagues across the newsroom and across international teams to develop scoops and stories on listed companies, banks and M&A deals. You are tenacious and passionate about developing new contacts in the investment community, who can break news, cover day-to-day events and weave together compelling stories on broad market themes.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and write enterprise stories
- Produce timely and clearly written stock movers that explain to our clients why shares are on the move and include smart input from traders or investors
- Write compelling stories on broad market themes
- Produce interviews with investors and executives that keep our clients glued to the Terminal and identify industry/economic trends
- Develop a broad array of sources
- Write for a range of platforms
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree
- Experience in financial news and business reporting and a strong interest in both
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Skills to generate tips and cultivate sources
- Solid news judgment
- Fluency in Spanish and English
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.