FI/FX Market Specialist
Posted Apr 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 103023
On any given day as a Market Specialist you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and shaping product development. By evangelizing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of Bloomberg.
Comprised of former portfolio managers, risk managers, sales, analysts, and more, the department serves as the de facto asset class experts at Bloomberg. Our team not only heightens our user base's experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in enhancing the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We'll trust you to:
- Use your market experience to pro-actively act as a sales and technical consultant to advance and close Sales processes, increase product adoption and also protect the business (terminal and Enterprise solutions);
- Build influential relationships with senior level contacts and market decision-makers;
- Speak at Bloomberg and third-party events about technical matters related to financial markets in the region;
- Provide business managers with actionable feedback on the latest trends, regulations, and market practices to help shape future product development;
- Utilize industry events and writing content to market our product;
- Educate the sales force through internal trainings and seminars;
- Contribute to our written content bespoke for clients.
You'll need to have:
- 10+ years of practical experience in Interest Rates and Fixed Income with a theoretical knowledge on fixed income securities valuation including bonds, loans and derivatives such as IR Futures, Options, Swaps and Swaptions;
- A strong understanding of Fixed Income Derivatives, FX Derivatives, Risk Management (Market, Credit/Counterparty, Liquidity Risks);
- Practical experience using the Bloomberg terminal, or similar product, and applicable asset class functionality;
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small;
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure;
- Live in Mexico and be proficient in Spanish and English;
- Willingness to travel.
We'd love to see:
- A commercial mindset with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks;
- Programming experience for data analytics (Python preferred).
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.