Global Data Economics Analyst
Posted Mar 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 102059
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Economics team in Global Data is responsible for the data management of both traditional and alternative Economic time series, forecasts, and surveys. As a result, the group provides relevant, timely, and accurate data to empower internal and external customers to drive their analysis of global economies. The team creates an exceptional user experience by making our Economic content more discoverable, generating data-driven insights, and providing superior customer service.
What’s the role?
The Economics team in Latam is looking for an experienced and highly-motivated individual with a passion for client engagement, Economic research, and utilizing technology to drive innovative content and solutions. As an experienced data analyst, you will be responsible for aligning with our external clients and key stakeholders, such as the Bloomberg Economist group, to understand their evolving needs and setting proactive strategies for our Economic coverage around critical areas like emerging markets and high frequency indicators. From a technical perspective, you will be asked to research new data sets to expand the coverage of our product, build database schemas, and configure ETL software to on-board new data sets, designing and analyzing internal processes to identify opportunities for improved efficiency and perform quality control. You’ll need to combine subject-matter-expertise and technical skills to generate premium content such as new Economic models, or data-driven news stories and provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News and Enterprise Solutions by resolving inquiries in a timely manner.
We’ll trust you to:
- Research new data sets to expand the coverage of our products
- Work with your leadership team to build and implement proactive coverage strategies across various strands of our global coverage
- Propose innovative strategic goals to enhance, enrich and deliver a continuously improved product to our clients
- Build database schema and configure ETL software to onboard new data sets
- Design statistical methods to perform quality control of our products
- Analyze internal processes to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Maintain workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Combine of subject-matter-expertise and technical skills to generate premium content such as data-driven news stories
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, and Enterprise Solutions by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Utilize a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalize data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- 1 to 3 years of work/internship experience in data analysis, financial market research and/or information technology
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Economics or Finance, or related business and STEM field
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and experience in building strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Strong understanding of data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies in Global Data’s technology stack
- Demonstrated experience in information technology and statistical analysis or computer programming (for example knowledge of VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python, Regex)
- Effective research skills and excellent attention to detail
We’d love to see:
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Proficiency in Portuguese
- Experience using statistical and machine learning methods to solve real-world problems
- Project management skills and/or experience, CAPM, PMP and/or CSM preferred
- A solid foundation or previous experiences with Python language
- Desire to innovate and lead change
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.