Florida correspondent, Miami
Posted Nov 22, 2022 - Requisition No. 111810
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Bloomberg News is looking for a dynamic reporter to cover Florida from our Miami Bureau. The nation’s third-most populous state is at the center of many of the most important stories in the US, whether that be Wall Street’s shift to the south, the 2024 presidential campaign, a looming recession or the fallout from imploding crypto markets. The job requires someone eager to break news and explore how business gets done in Florida -- whether by hedge funds or lawmakers, banks or builders – all with a knack for storytelling about the state’s outsized personalities and political crosscurrents. Bloomberg’s customers want to understand Florida as a place to live and do business but also as a financial hub for Latin America, a laboratory for climate impacts and a new frontier of demographic changes. The job reports to the Miami Bureau Chief.
We will trust you to:
- Work with the Miami Bureau Chief to produce coverage that is highly influential throughout Florida and across Bloomberg News’s global platforms
- Regularly break news and produce high-quality enterprise pieces
- Develop close relationships with other journalists and editors whose teams report on Florida and the trends there to spur coordination
- Be comfortable producing journalism on a variety of platforms, including print stories for the Terminal, Web and Bloomberg Businessweek; spots on Bloomberg Television and Radio as well as external broadcast networks; videos on Bloomberg Quicktake, and more
You will need:
- The capacity to work quickly and collaboratively under intense deadline pressure as well as on longer-range deadlines
- Exceptional news judgment and source-development skills
- The strongest candidates bring a history of breaking stories along with sources who can help them land other exclusives and in-depth pieces
- Spanish language skills a huge plus
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.