Senior Director, Partnerships & Licensing, Latin America and Iberia
Posted Apr 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 90376
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Quicktake to the New Economy Forum to transforming our commercial model.
Bloomberg Media Distribution, a leading provider of news, photos, videos, live TV, data to publishers, broadcasters and companies in more than 130 countries, is seeking a Senior Director of Partnerships and Licensing. This person will be responsible for leveraging our portfolio of multi-platform media assets to create new opportunities and revenue streams in Latin America and Iberia through licensing, business development and strategic partnerships.
The Senior Director will work with Bloomberg Media leadership as well as key members of other internal groups including Editorial, Digital, Finance, Legal and Consumer Marketing. Reporting to the Head of Americas for Media Distribution, you are someone with a successful track record of monetizing media content and IP, a deep understanding of the evolving media ecosystem, and a strong network of media and enterprise contacts across the region.
We'll trust you to:
- Source and develop strategic partnerships and licensing deals in Latin America with a focus on our digital, video and media assets
- Manage business development initiatives from end-to-end: strategic presentations, negotiation, contract drafting, roll out and GTM activities
- Innovate in terms of deal structure and maximize revenue, while strategically aligning with Bloomberg Media’s overall goals
- Manage existing Bloomberg Media Distribution relationships in Latin America, including negotiating proposals, amendments, prospecting and growing distribution of IP
- Provide constructive feedback to product, management, and operations for business process and product improvements
- Drive revenue through new opportunities, including strategic partnerships and new ventures
- Forecast pipeline and revenue in a consistent manner
- Ability to navigate at the CEO level in Latin America
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of experience in licensing and strategic partnerships with a proven track record of building and growing media products and businesses across various formats and channels
- Keen understanding of the media industry in Latin America, including knowledge of digital and video content, deal structures and best practices around monetization. Previous experience in Technology and/or Media preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Detail orientated; superior problem solving and organizational skills; and an ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- Fluency in English and Spanish language required, additional fluency in Portuguese language preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply on our careers site! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.