Hardware Quality Engineer - Queens, NY
Middle Village, NY
Posted Aug 7, 2019 - Requisition No. 76536
Our Supply Chain Quality team builds and maintains an infrastructure that enables cross functional teams to measure, analyze and drive improvements to BLP hardware and workflow. We engage in active quality management for all our products and processes for both Supply Chain and other Bloomberg engineering, service repair & customer support teams. We are highly visible catalysts for change by finding opportunities and influencing functional leads to implement measurable improvements that benefit delivered quality to our clients and the business.
We are looking for a Hardware Quality Engineer in our warehouse in Queens, NY, who has a rare combination of process acumen, data analytic & engineering skills, Supplier & Manufacturing quality domain knowledge as well as strong communication skills in order to execute Quality control.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate on challenging global strategies with a cross functional team, including Engineering, Logistics, Inventory Management, Production, vendors and contract manufacturers
- Lead projects to analyze quality performance of BLP products utilizing using statistical and analytical tools and methods
- Establish, track, and implement adherence to data from customer service and client visits to findings at repair sites
- Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate precision, reliability and accuracy of processes, products and production equipment
- Perform root cause and failure analysis
- Develop product acceptance criteria and test verification methods for new and returned products
- Develop ongoing quality control plans, conduct in-depth data analysis and develop action plans
You'll need to have:
- 3+ Years of experience in Engineering, QA, QC or Manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing root cause and failure analysis
- Analytical skills, project management skills and the ability to function independently in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong customer-focus and dedication to quality
- In depth working experience with Excel and database development tools
We’d love to see:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Statistics/Reliability, Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of Hardware verification methods to characterize mechanical and/or electrical reliability.
- Proficiency in LEAN Six Sigma, DOE, ANOVA or other Statistics based continuous improvement methods
- Experience creating Engineering, Manufacturing and Service documentation
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.