Inventory Control Analyst
Middle Village, NY
Posted Sep 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 95276
Bloomberg unleashes the power of information and technology to bring transparency to a complex world! A global financial information and news leader that provides influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology and provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally.
In a career at Bloomberg, you will play a vital role in making it all happen. You will be joining a team of solution-finders, with a real passion for providing outstanding customer service in a fast-paced environment! Challenging. Surprising. Purposeful. Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it is never dull. We are a truly a global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
As a Bloomberg Inventory Controls Analyst you will be responsible to maintain and improve the inventory situation in multiple plants collaborating with supply chain global team and stakeholders.
You will also be responsible to control the physical inventory counting process in SAP IM and WM, resolve discrepancies, report results to management team and continuously suggest and implement improvements on preparation, execution and closure.
As inventory controls analyst you will interact with partners in order to implement global governance for asset disposition following the current regional regulations and company guidelines. You will also maintain and improve inventory related KPIs and dashboards and perform extensive research on inventory best practices and opportunities for new processes and reports.
We'll trust you to:
- Strategically work with data to make decisions on inventory allocation and usage
- Proactively work to minimize inventory risk working closely with planning, warehouse operations and production
- Develop and implement plan to Identify slow movers and to minimize stale inventory
- Redefine Inventory Control policies and make sure they are being followed
- Work with operational scrum team in initiatives and projects related to inventory management
- Collaborate with technical teams in necessary systems requirements in order to best perform inventory management
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree; specialization in Supply Chain Management a plus
- 5 years’ experience with Supply Chain or Inventory Controls / Inventory Management
- Achieved results through building relationships on their own team and cross-functionally
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint
- Fluency in English
Data analysis experience with MS Excel or QSEN
We'd love to see:
- PMP, Agile & Scrum, APICS, CSCMP, Six Sigma, Lean or other relevant certification(s) a plus
- Experience as business analyst or SME in Supply Chain related projects or ERP implementation
- Hands on experience with SAP IM/WM
- Project Management experience
- Supply chain vendor management
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.