Sr. Reliability Engineer
Middle Village, NY
Posted Jul 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 92277
Bloomberg’s Supply Chain Engineering team builds and maintains an infrastructure that enables cross-functional teams to measure, analyze and drive improvements to Bloomberg hardware and workflow! We engage in reliability engineering, test and data analysis together with active quality management for all our products and processes for both Supply Chain and other Bloomberg Engineering & Customer Support teams. Products include contract manufactured keyboards, secure access devices, monitors, PC/Laptops and network equipment in support of both Bloomberg’s clients and employees. We are catalysts for change, finding opportunities and influencing functional leads to implement measurable improvements that benefit delivered quality to our clients and the business!
We are looking for a Senior Reliability Engineer who has a combination of leadership, process design, program management, engineering, and supply chain domain skills and brings both an entrepreneurial and partnership mentality.
Deliver thorough, detailed analysis to enable business decisions
Identify, manage and direct impactful projects from conceptualization to results
Collaborate with the technical team to drive problem solving and analysis across the product line, throughout the end-to-end product life cycle and across the entire supply chain (and beyond)
Consider all aspects of quality in your work, including (but not limited to): manufacturing, repair, supply, demand, containment, and Quality control.
Find opportunities to increase productivity and efficiencies by gaining a deep understanding of Bloomberg’s supply chain technology, data and processes
Partner with key stakeholders to drive continuous improvement, asking probing questions to capture and integrate information from collaborators (Planning, Design, Procurement, Logistics, Warehouse, etc.) into your analyses.
We'll trust you to:
- Be a constructive voice for change and growth within the Supply Chain team.
- Drive product quality improvements with the global cross functional team, interacting with Logistics, -Trade compliance, Engineering, Inventory Control, manufacturing & repair, vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Partner closely with clients and partners, using your expertise to support, guide, strengthen relationships and find opportunities to educate and mentor other colleagues.
- Work closely with management to ensure the continuous refinement of departmental practice and procedures. Influence colleagues to embrace new and best practices.
- Lead analysis projects across the department, products utilizing statistical and analytical tools and methods.
You'll need to have:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent
- Prior hands-on experience leading and developing Engineering projects
- Outstanding Communication skills - both written and verbal
- Proven experience in analyzing root cause and failure analysis
- Analytical skills, project management skills and the ability to function independently in a multifaceted, multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong customer-focus and dedication to Quality
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Weibull analysis and its applications
- Extensive experience in Engineering, QA, QC or Manufacturing
- Experience with SAP QM and IM modules
- In depth working experience with Excel, python, and/or database development tools
- Proficiency in LEAN Six Sigma or other Statistics based continuous improvement methods
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.