Supply Chain Quality Team Leader
Middle Village, NY
Posted Aug 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 93058
Our Supply Chain Quality team builds and maintains an infrastructure that enables cross-functional teams to measure, analyze and drive improvements to BLP hardware and workflow. We engage in active quality management for all our products and processes for both Supply Chain and other Bloomberg engineering & customer support teams. We are highly visible catalysts for change by finding opportunities and influencing functional leads to implement measurable improvements that benefit delivered quality to our clients and the business.
We are looking for a Senior Hardware Quality lead who has a rare combination of people management, process acumen, program management, engineering skills, domain knowledge as well as strong entrepreneurial and social skills in order to manage a team of Hardware Quality engineers and execute Quality control.
We'll trust you to:
- Serve as a senior voice for our Hardware Quality Engineering department
- Drive product quality improvements with the global cross functional team, interacting with Logistics, -Trade compliance, Engineering, Asset management, Inventory management, Production, vendors and contract manufacturers
- Partner closely with clients and partners, using your expertise to support, guide, strengthen relationships and find opportunities to educate and mentor other colleagues.
- Work closely with management to ensure the continuous refinement of departmental practice and procedures and influence colleagues to adopt.
- Lead projects to analyze quality performance of BLP products utilizing statistical and analytical tools and methods
- Establish, track, and align data from customer service and client visits to findings at repair sites
- Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate reliability, precision and accuracy of processes, products and production equipment
- Develop product acceptance criteria for new and returned products, develop ongoing quality control plans, conduct in-depth data analysis and develop action reports.
You'll need to have:
- Prior experience leading and developing quality engineering teams
- Extensive experience in Engineering, QA, QC or Manufacturing in a major Global company
- Outstanding Communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing root cause and failure analysis
- Analytical skills, project management skills and the ability to function independently in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong customer-focus and dedication to quality
We’d love to see:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Statistics, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with SAP QM and IM modules
- In depth working experience with Excel and Access; database development tools
- Proficiency in LEAN Six Sigma or other Statistics based continuous improvement methods
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.