Warehouse Associate, Workplace Operations & Supply Chain - Bloomberg Financial Solutions
Middle Village, NY
Posted Sep 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 118872
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
Bloomberg's Supply Chain department is seeking a highly motivated detail-oriented and highly organized individual who is comfortable working in a group as well as on their own. The successful candidate will be responsible for the job duties below:
- Assist with unloading inbound deliveries while maintaining a clear and orderly loading dock
- Perform system ERP receiving functions for processing all RMA and PO deliveries
- Pull, package and process stock to prepare outbound orders to deliver on time
- Familiar with the processing of small parcel shipments via UPS/FedEx/DHL and freight shipments via LTL/FTL carriers.
- Perform system driven movements via handheld RF scanners in processing multiple functions within warehouse management system.
- Perform regular inventory audit counts (cycle counts) to maintain accurate inventory
- Complies with 5S safety while maintaining a clean and orderly work environment.
- Completes all required safety training and follows protocol in all risk situations.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to tasks at hand.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 65 pounds unassisted.
- Certification on powered industrial trucks including work assist vehicle (WAV), reach truck, sit down truck and powered pallet jacks
- Develops familiarity with a subset of products, processes, operational metrics and software tools
- Provides input geared towards continuous improvement, work instruction documentation, and standardization of processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4+ year’s work experience or relevant field.
- Responsible, self-driven and a fast learner with the ability to proactively identify/solve problems
- Hands-on experience in SAP IM or WMS (Warehouse Management System) is a PLUS
- Detail oriented with Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excel, Power Point, Word and Power BI is a PLUS
- Excellent time management are required
- Ability to learn and work with new technologies
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or positions. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. But it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
What is Bloomberg?: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/stories/what-is-bloomberg/
View our Benefits: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/employee-benefits/united-states/?tactic-page=588601
Does This Sound Like You?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. ?
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 60,000 - 80,000 USD Annually + Benefits