Posted Jan 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 113079
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an Aircraft Dispatcher, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, while keeping up with the quality of customer service we’re known for. In this position, you will act as a conduit between the Flight Department team and the Executive Suite.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide high-level support to Bloomberg executives by planning the logistics of their corporate travel
- Act as a point person for Aviation leadership, Flight Crews, Aviation Industry Vendors (e.g., Fixed Base Operators, Trip Support Service Companies, Aircraft Charter Operators, Hospitality Services, and Government Agencies)
- Coordinate aircraft schedules according to crew availability, mechanical requirements, weather, customs and immigration, and government regulations
- Perform general administrative duties such as creating reports, maintaining records and managing database systems
- Manage time and costs while adhering to the aviation budget and departmental needs
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Work collaboratively and independently while managing workflows and deadlines
- Work within a flexible and dynamic schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Quickly understand technical matters and communicate information succinctly with limited supervision
- Keep current on changing travel restrictions, government regulations and requirements as applicable to business aviation
- A minimum of 5 years of Business Aviation experience
- An FAA Dispatch License
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Outstanding critical thinking, analytical and communication skills
- The ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal skills
You need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Salesforce Platform Technology
- Experience working directly with Senior Executives
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.