2020 Market Data Analyst - Mumbai
Posted Apr 1, 2020 - Requisition No. 80865
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights. Your friends all know you as someone with a true interest in technology, who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
The RoleBloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes.
Market Data Analyst also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, which makes the role diverse and provides an opportunity for continuous learning.
You will first be on the Global Data Analytics (GDA) team as a generalist, a fast-paced, high-energy group of analysts that support Bloomberg clients such as Portfolio Managers, Financial Analysts, and Traders, in the interpretation of both our proprietary and supplied data. Aside from working with clients, your data analysis and technology skills will be put to use to add efficiencies to our workflows and processes.
Where can the role take me?
GDA analysts have the opportunity to move to a product-based team within the larger Global Data department such as Funds, Syndicated loans and M&A, working on vendor management, product improvement and building strong client relationships with data providers and data users.
You'll need to have:
· Excellent numerical and communication skills
· Business fluency in English
· A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
· The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to tight deadlines
· Meticulous attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
· Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, with some advanced technical knowledge and experience ( Python, SQL)
· Available to start in 2020
We'd love you to have:
· A Master’s degree in Finance or Computer science
· Prior experience of data research or process engineering
· Prior experience in working with clients within the financial industry
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.