2021 Global Data Analytics - Mumbai
Posted Feb 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 88591
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data which ultimately moves the financial markets.
You will be on the Global Data Analytics (GDA) team, a fast-paced, high-energy group of specialists and analysts that support Bloomberg clients such as Portfolio Managers, Financial Analysts, and Traders, in the interpretation of both our proprietary and contributed data. You’ll also analyse data in order to gain insight into the needs of our clients and contribute to strategic business plans and product development. Aside from working with clients, your data analysis and technology skills will be put to use to add efficiencies to our workflows and processes.
As a Data Specialist you will play a critical role in ingesting and analysing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. Data Specialists also provide support for internal and external clients that consume the data so you will be required to collaborate with multiple teams across the firm, which makes the role diverse and provides an opportunity for continuous learning.
Where can the role take me?
GDA analysts and specialists have the opportunity to move to a product-based team within the larger Global Data department, working on vendor management, product improvement and building strong client relationships with data providers and data users.
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree preferably in Finance or Economics
- Fluency in English and a main Asian language
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Stakeholder-focused mindset
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- A master’s degree in Finance or Economics
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Working knowledge of VBA and/or SQL
- Familiarity with mark-up languages such as XML, SGML, JSON, YAML, and/or HTML
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.