2022 Global Data Analytics - Mumbai
Posted Aug 31, 2021 - Requisition No. 93761
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
You will be on the Global Data Analytics (GDA) team, a fast-paced, high-energy group of specialists and analysts that support Bloomberg clients such as Portfolio Managers, Financial Analysts, and Traders, in the interpretation of both our proprietary and contributed data. Client interaction is therefore key to the role. You’ll also analyse data in order to gain insight into the needs of our clients and contribute to strategic business plans and product development. Aside from working with clients, your data analysis and technology skills will be put to use to add efficiencies to our workflows and processes.
Where can the role take me?
After working in GDA, you will have the opportunity to move to a product-based team within the larger Global Data department either as a Data Analyst or a Data Specialist. Data Analysts possess a unique combination of technical skills and business insight, as well as strong communication and ability to build relationships. They use these skills to extract, transform and load timely, accurate and comprehensive data accessible to our clients across various Bloomberg platforms. Data Specialists play a critical role in ingesting and analysing data, handling workflow processes to solve client problems, and providing superior customer service. This may include monitoring industry events and executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data.
This is an entry level role where you’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or above) preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance, or related business and STEM fields or relevant experience in Finance & Technology, and the ability to join a training class in 2022
- A demonstrated interest in financial markets and technology along with the aspiration to work in the financial/fintech services industry (example: course of degree or work/internship experience or extracurricular activities)
- Proficiency in Python, SQL or R, demonstrated through school projects or work experience
- Understanding and experience of Statistics, or Data Modelling, or Data Analysis
- Stakeholder management exposure through school or work/internship
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with teams across regions and products
- Solid attention to detail and experience in problem solving through school/work/internship
- Ability to think creatively and provide solutions which improves process efficiency
- Resilience to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate thought process clearly
- Business proficiency and fluency in English to manage respective clients
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- A master’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Data Analytics
- Up to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Project management skills and/or experience
- Familiarity with Data Science and/or Machine Learning
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
This is an entry level role. Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org