Bloomberg Data, ESG Data Specialist, Mumbai
Posted Apr 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 115748
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is increasingly crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis alone. Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital, and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify emerging risks and opportunities. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics, and proprietary scores. Joining the Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients integrate ESG risk and opportunity analysis into their workflows.
You're the type of person who looks beyond the headline with a keen eye for detail because you know how data inspires market trends, breaking news, and analysis. With ever increasing coverage and demand for timely data, you will be responsible for managing priorities of different initiatives and for utilizing industry knowledge to help drive decisions and generate new dataset offerings. You will need to know your customer, their challenges, and their workflows. With this insight, you will bring creative ideas to the table on how we can make our data integration seamless and more efficient.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain, manage, improve and deliver accurate, high quality, complex ESG data for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Expand the depth of our knowledge of client workflows with existing ESG clients to ensure timely acquisition of new ESG data from involved parties and/or third-party systems
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects across quality and coverage initiatives, including procuring content to support best-in-class coverage
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering as well as external stakeholders such as regulatory bodies to enhance relevant ESG databases
- Apply problem-solving and data analysis skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes/overall product strategy
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries related to ESG
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
You’ll need to have:
- 1-4 years of experience in the ESG space, including ESG landscape & regulation, or ESG data workflow etc.
- Demonstrated project management experience, for example leading processes, designing dashboard
- Demonstrated data experience, including management, governance and quality assurance of data
- Demonstrated experience contributing meaningfully to conversations with clients about the integration of ESG into investment decision-making
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and shown ability in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to take a logical approach and apply critical thinking skills in order to solve problems
- The ability to work independently & in a team environment under deadlines, demonstrating self-motivation
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder
- ESG-related education such as CFA ESG examination, SASB FSA certification, etc.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the ESG market, with preference for experience working with a range of disclosure frameworks and standards, including but not limited to TCFD, SASB, GRI
- Experience with carbon and/or water accounting
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, quantitative modelling, or programming and applied data analysis skills, with proficiency using Excel as well as SQL, R, or Python
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for