Crypto Market Reporter APAC - Mumbai
Posted Oct 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 96199
Markets are at the core of Bloomberg News, and none moves faster than crypto. We're looking for reporters to take our coverage to the next level as we build out and expand market offerings for a professional audience whose interest in coins, blockchain networks and crypto exchanges only goes up.
We're looking for reporters in Asia to cut through the fluff and propaganda and identify what is really moving assets from bitcoin to ether, who are comfortable with topics like derivatives and exchange-traded funds and who can contextualize the frenetic up-and-down motion that defines these markets. Good sourcing and a willingness to think independently will be key qualifications for a beat where the noise quotient is extremely high and where fortunes are being won and lost at a breathtaking rate.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate, sharp and market-moving stories under tight deadlines
- Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format and long-term trends and insights, that don't just focus on the “what happened'” but also on the “why” and “so what”'
- Tap Bloomberg's rich data and analytics to access original material for technical charts and stories
- Collaborate with reporters across the newsroom and worldwide
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of recent financial journalism experience
- Experience working at a real-time news service
- Experience covering Crypto-currency as a reporter
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.