Posted Jul 14, 2017 - Requisition No. 59494
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. Your friends all know you as the one who has a true interest in technology, and who likes nothing more than spotting ways to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, an interest in the financial markets and you thrive in a team environment. More so, should you enjoy dealing with people, thrive in a team environment and be someone who knows what customer service really means, we would love to have that initial conversation with you.
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for finding it and supplying it to our clients. Data Acquisition in Mumbai is involved in a wide variety of pricing projects that contribute to the accuracy and timeliness of the Bloomberg product. Our analysts apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to enhance our systems and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
· Maintain data on the Bloomberg system
· Manage internal/external requests efficiently to support a time-sensitive market
· Create real-time feeds and assist in troubleshooting technical issues
· Maintain and enhance existing databases to ensure data integrity
· Manage client queries regarding real-time data and feeds
· A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· Fluency in English and one other local language would be strongly preferred
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Keen interest in financial markets
· Must be organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
· Ability to work in a close team environment as well as independently
· Knowledge of basic programming and /or macros will be preferred
Apply! If we think you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.