Enterprise Sales - Relationship Manager, Sell-side - Mumbai
Posted Jan 19, 2024 - Requisition No. 122695
Bloomberg is a global leader in business and financial information, news and insight, and we use innovative technology to deliver trusted data and bring transparency to the financial markets. Our customers around the globe rely on us for the information and tools they need to make critical investment decisions and remain connected across all sides of the financial community. And, to ensure the best experience for our 20,000+ employees across 176 offices globally, we provide the spaces and systems that allow our teams to work together with agility, productivity and collaboration, no matter where they are.
The Bloomberg Financial Solutions department of 5,000+ employees is at the forefront of ensuring success for our customers and employees alike. Our team comprises several key pillars: sales, service, operations, culture and brand. As a department, we are united by a common goal: We create meaningful relationships with clients by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional end-to-end support from sales and implementation, through their ongoing relationship with Bloomberg.
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You'll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people. It gives us the edge.
What's the role?
We are looking for a Relationship Manager for our Sell-side Sales team based in Mumbai. You will be tasked with growing revenue across our Terminal, Enterprise Product, and Enterprise Data businesses. To do so will require gaining a deep understanding of the client’s technology and data landscape and demonstrating an acute awareness of industry and regulatory challenges to provide compelling solutions. You will build strong senior relationships to facilitate the engagement and deepen our client partnership.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build an in-depth understanding around our client’s workflow with end-users to ensure product satisfaction and retention
- Use your strong product knowledge, technical skills, and market knowledge to generate revenue from our Terminal business and broader technology and data suite
- Demonstrate sales creativity in combining our offerings or looking to create new unique offerings which present strong return on investment for the firm
- Develop in-depth knowledge of what our customers do at all levels of their business - this will include Terminal users, and other partners who use our solutions
- Articulate the features and benefits of Bloomberg enterprise level products in detail, so that you can act as a consultative partner for our customers
- Show outstanding knowledge of our core Terminal products and how workflows apply to specific customer groups and industry types
- Credibly position our analytics, data, and solutions in the context of the developing financial markets and changing technology landscape
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs
- Collaborate internally to implement value-added solutions
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals
- Seek out additional ways to demonstrate leadership and make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product improvements
You'll need to have:
- Minimum 5 year's of client facing experience in Financial Services or a Financial Technology company
- Experience in or selling to major financial institutions
- Consultative sales skills, including competitive market research, lead generation, prospecting, business development and closing sales
- Consistent record in handling multiple complex sales engagements concurrently
- Experience in building and maintaining client relationships both externally and internally
- Excellent presentation, training, and communication skills in English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Order Management Systems
- Understanding of banking workflows and departments, and front/middle/back-office systems
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.?