Event Manager, Mumbai (12 Month Contract)
Posted Aug 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 106147
Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize and build opportunities and to drive difference. We use data to understand markets and audiences and creative ideas to build stories and brands. We build campaigns and work that captures attention and drives a reaction. We move fast, and our core approach is integrated and disruptive.
The Global Event Team is part of Marketing and is responsible for the strategy, planning and management of events for our clients, prospects, influencers and employees. We partner across Marketing and with our internal stakeholders globally to create events that provide our attendees with an enriched and integrated Bloomberg experience. The power of our data enables us to target the right audience at the right time to achieve the strongest outcomes.
What’s the role?
This event manager role will be contract role for 12 months, based in Mumbai. In this position the candidate will work with the Marketing, Events, Communications, Government Relations and Philanthropy teams across APAC to develop, plan, execute and measure all events (virtual, hybrid and in person) across Bloomberg’s business verticals.
What will you do in this role?
You will work closely with the business and sales leaders of the businesses in Bloomberg to develop and execute strategic event programs that are targeted at our audiences and integrated with other marketing tactics. You will work with internal marketing partners to ensure that our events are creative and coordinated with the various digital and social platforms. You will also ensure relevant post event analysis is done so that we can measure our events effectively which in turn will influence future decisions.
As part of the Global Events Team, you will utilize the event production tools, platforms and programs within Bloomberg to deliver flawless event execution. This includes virtual, hybrid and in-person events. You will manage the creative process, including invites, event production, audio visual requirements, speaker management, overall logistics and post event administration.
As many of our event programs are virtual in nature, you will be expected to execute our virtual events on the chosen platform. You will also be expected to lead domestic and international projects with multiple stakeholders (across different geos and businesses) from inception to delivery. You will be encouraged to make sound independent decisions consistent with business.
Who are we looking for?
You will have extensive experience with planning and executing multi-faceted, complex integrated events (virtual, hybrid and in-person) within a company or agency, excellent project management skills, strong communication skills and ability to present to all levels of management.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 7+ years of experience (either as an in-house event planner or in an agency)
- Language skills (Proficiency in written and spoken English, and Addition of an APAC language a plus)
- Extensive experience planning and executing virtual and in person events across APAC
- Experience in providing event program strategic mentorship, including target audience experience mapping, event portfolio analysis and integration with other marketing tactics
- Tech savvy: You always have your finger pulse of latest technology & competitive trends
- Ability to multi-task in a time-pressured environment
- Experience in integrating digital and social media tactics into key event programs and advocating for an integrated event experience approach
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams, regions and with vendors
- Ability to question the status quo with the objective of continuous improvement
- Experience in developing metrics for the different types of events
- Develops and manages relationship with marketing and/or sales lead in region based on assigned Business Unit. Works with marketing and/or sales lead in region based on assigned Business Unit to design and implement relevant event programs.
- Collaborates with marketing program managers to ensure the successful deployment & integration of events within the overall marketing plan, seamless communications with external partners (government agencies, conference organizers, key associations, etc) and creation of unique event experiences that communicate our key messages.
- Project leadership and management. Leads domestic and international projects with numerous partners (across different geos) and teams from inception to delivery. Will be encouraged to make sound independent decisions consistent with business
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll be in touch with next steps if you're a fit!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.
*Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.