India Distressed Debt Reporter - Mumbai
Posted May 9, 2019 - Requisition No. 75035
Bloomberg News is seeking a self-motivated journalist in India to cover one of the highest-profile beats in the country: distressed debt. As a member of the Asia Credit team, you'll chronicle India's push to tackle one of the world's worst bad debt loads and break news on companies winding through restructurings under the country's new bankruptcy code.
You will have a track record of breaking news in the distressed debt market. You'll thrive on critical thinking to boil complex topics down to essential points, and on collaborating with colleagues across other teams and regions. You will have a demonstrated dedication to explaining the significance of the news in India to a broad range of global audiences.
We'll trust you to:
- Urgently break news on the most important distressed/stressed companies and special situations in India, and rapidly contextualize the news within the bigger picture.
- Interview some of the world's biggest investors to report on their plans in India, as money managers from Mumbai to New York grow increasingly interested in opportunities in Indian distressed and stressed debt.
- Diligently expand a source base that includes traders, company executives, investment bankers, lawyers, restructuring advisers and policy makers.
- Cut through technical jargon and write the news in a clear, concise and understandable way.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of five years in journalism, preferably with a focus on distressed debt and credit markets
- Experience with real-time news
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to generate exclusive, breaking news as well as informative feature stories
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/careers/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.