News Bureau Administrator - Mumbai
Posted Nov 14, 2023 - Requisition No. 121589
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg is seeking a versatile and dynamic Office Manager/Administrator based in Mumbai to support the South Asia and Middle East Newsrooms in its daily operations. Your responsibilities range from independently handling administrative tasks such as roster management, travel and accreditation for reporters and managers to working with other departments within Bloomberg on special projects and events. You are highly organized but also flexible and enjoy the challenge of working in a constantly evolving environment. Strong interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
We'll trust you to:
- Work within the global News Operations team to support our Asia-Pacific and Middle East newsrooms.
- Hold primary responsibility for administrative matters for all sites in South Asia and Middle East as well as provide support for other bureaus when needed
- Handle responsibilities including roster management, new hire orientation, desk moves and team meetings, subscriptions, memberships, awards nomination, payment matters, scheduling for visiting Senior Managers
- Work with your Bureau Chiefs and local teams to log and manage important guests and visitors
- Provide support to visiting journalists, coordinate press credentials and provide operational support for journalists covering events
- Handle global requests that come in through our internal ticketing system
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of administrative work experience
- Experience managing and prioritization of important tasks simultaneously
- Ability to take a proactive approach in the role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Hindi
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and collaborating with others using these tools
- Experience of collaborating and working across departments to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Learn more about our office and benefits: India | https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/global-roles/working-at-bloomberg-in-mumbai-pune/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.?