News Bureau Chief - Mumbai
Posted May 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 75014
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Craft the stories we tell about India. As Bloomberg News's Bureau Chief in Mumbai, you'll help oversee our coverage from the nation’s commercial capital, home to India’s biggest companies, stocks exchanges and the central bank. You will use exceptional news judgement to set coverage priorities, guide reporters to break news, help write and edit clear and impactful stories in different formats while working effectively across different platforms with multiple partners. You'll also thrive in a real-time news environment and be a self-starter who inspires collaboration.
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in financial journalism, preferably in a real-time news environment
- Experience working under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills. Prior management experience is a bonus
- Proven record of breaking news, or guiding a team that breaks news, as well as exceptional editing skills
- An understanding of the Indian corporate and policy environment and knowledge of the nation’s economic and financial story would be an advantage
- Fluent English is mandatory and a second Indian language is preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply today. If we believe you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or any other classification protected by applicable law.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.