Social Video Producer/Editor, Mumbai (1 year contract)
Posted Oct 27, 2023 - Requisition No. 121204
The APAC Digital team is seeking an experienced Digital Video Producer who will take the initiative to spot Indian business, economic and political stories that lend themselves to engaging digital-first video. You'll be required to write scripts, produce (sometimes in the field) and edit video that resonates with our Indian audience -- and beyond. Some digital curation will be required, and basic camera/Iphone shooting experience would be a bonus.
The ideal candidate is passionate about video journalism and telling India stories, experienced in producing and editing video and comfortable in the digital space. You’ll work closely with the Mumbai bureau and beyond to produce and edit video for our growing online and social media platforms from YouTube to Instagram.
We’ll trust you to:
- Conceive, produce and edit short-form digital video on Indian business and the forces that shape its economy and political landscape, from infrastructure to global warming.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with Bloomberg journalists and our wider video team.
- Have a creative and innovative approach to news video that translates into stories and products that resonate with our growing Indian audience, and global viewers as well.
- Distribute Bloomberg video content on social platforms with an eye toward expanding reach, increasing engagement and driving up referral traffic
- Monitor, analyze and distribute video metrics to wider teams as needed
- 3+ years of proven experience in making digital video from the idea stage to publication.
- Experience covering breaking news; strong editorial judgment
- Skills in writing clean copy for video scripts
- Video editing experience using Adobe Premiere Pro; a firm grasp of complementary software including Photoshop
- A love for news and a wide knowledge of topics in business, markets, entertainment, politics, and technology
- Experience working in a digital newsroom and/or television would be preferred, and camera/phone filming skills a definite bonus.
- Experience using social analytics tools to inform strategy and decisions would be preferred
You’ll need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. Feel free to include a portfolio of your best work samples and social media handles, if any, in your application. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.