Technology Reporter - India
Posted Sep 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 94883
We're seeking an aggressive, creative reporter to help cover India's technology industry. This person will be part of a two-person team responsible for writing key developments at the country's tech giants, startups and the foreign companies active in the market. You'll work with the global tech team and collaborate with the India bureau to keep us ahead of the dynamic industry. In the process, you'll tell broader stories of how technology is transforming the country's society and culture.
Who we're looking for:
You're an agile reporter who's able to write quickly and crisply on the most pressing tech issues of the day. You're the type of person who has a knack for quickly coming up with original ideas and smart analysis on the biggest tech stories -- a cogent rundown of the latest developments in the business of technology, not just in the startup space but also the release of a new gadget, a bankruptcy, a management overhaul or a funding round that elevates an unknown startup into overnight unicorn status. You have an eye for the stories no one else is telling on an intensely covered beat, and versatile enough to write for a variety of platforms, including the Web, QuickTake video, Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg Businessweek magazine.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and uncover exclusive information on your beat
- Tell feature length stories about the companies and culture of India technology
- Work with other reporters on the technology team and beyond to expand our impact
- Be committed to the best journalistic practices, sound judgment and a willingness to learn
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of three years of business and financial journalism
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Exceptional writing skills and sharp news judgment
- An interest in India, technology and how the country is evolving
We'd love to see:
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at http://www.bloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.