User Support - Technical Support Engineer - Mumbai
Posted Jun 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 117289
Our Bloomberg On-Site Support (BOS) teams work with urgency to provide 24/7 on-site technical solutions to Bloomberg’s internal and external customers in more than 75 countries. Our customers rely on our technology and the support that we provide to be able to do their jobs in a dynamic, demanding, technology-focused environment. The team are all highly skilled specialists who are able to assist with all Bloomberg hardware (PCs, biometric devices, routers), software and networking infrastructure. We are a one-stop shop of on-site support and do not leave until the job is done.
What’s the role?
You operate as a Technical Account Manager when you are on-site and make valuable contributions to our customers because of your expertise within Bloomberg working closely with other Enterprise Technology teams. You pride yourself in offering top-notch customer solution focused service by being able to understand and pre-empt needs as well as deliver personal, on-the-ground value, and assistance spotting gaps and implementing changes. You are the calm voice and cool head in a fast-paced environment, but you understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our customers internally and externally count on you daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other.
We'll trust you to:
- Flexibly support internal and external customer technical needs to resolution
- Troubleshoot technical issues (desktop, network connectivity, etc.) both in the customer’s environment (onsite) as well as remotely
- Deliver an extraordinary level of customer service under pressure, whilst maintaining focus on solving the issue
- Accurately detail fixing steps and resolutions using our proprietary ticketing system
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience in helpdesk, desktop support or technical support within an enterprise environment
- Extensive experience working with PC software/hardware, networking devices, Windows OS
- Exposure to networking technology (networking hardware, TCP/IP, LAN, and WAN)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills in English and Hindi
- Willingness to travel to customer sites to provide onsite support as needed
- Flexible coverage schedule to accommodate occasional evening, weekend work (time off in lieu)
We'd love to see:
- Programming knowledge
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.techatbloomberg.com.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for