APAC Crypto Senior Editor - New Delhi
Posted May 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 116111
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are seeking a Senior Editor for Bloomberg’s APAC crypto coverage. This person will be a proven leader who in cooperation with our Managing Editor will coordinate and shepherd work by reporters both on and off the crypto team who are interested in writing about anything in the space, from markets and exchanges to technology and regulation.
As one of two dedicated crypto Senior Editors in the region, you will have considerable bandwidth for autonomy and creative thinking. You will bring demonstrated experience of editing with care and flair, breaking news, developing talent and collaboration, as well as solid knowledge of the crypto markets and its newsmakers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Make fast and decisive judgement calls to identify the most important stories as well as gaps in coverage
- Produce crisp and concise edits that resonate with a wide audience -- from the most sophisticated terminal users to casual online readers.
- Contribute across platforms to elevate copy, mentor reporters and shape compelling story ideas.
- Build influential relationships across the newsroom to ensure our coverage resonates globally and across all platforms.
- Help our reporters grow and learn and develop their strengths
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years of recent financial journalism experience, including experience working on both breaking news and enterprise
- Demonstrated experience covering crypto markets as a reporter or editor
- Experience working and collaborating with various stakeholders across the region in an international newsroom
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.