Asia Oil Trading Reporter - New Delhi
Posted Aug 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 106617
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organization in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Our Oil Trading team is seeking a resourceful and dynamic reporter based in India who's keen to break news and build sources in one of Asia's largest commodity markets. You should be eager to write on what's driving this opaque sector, who's making or losing fortunes, geopolitics and OPEC, oil-consumption trends. You will be covering a fast-paced beat spanning both physical as well as paper markets. You will also be expected to interview key executives from India's largest companies and to work hand-in-hand with colleagues in London to Houston, as well as Government teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on market-moving developments in India and Asia's oil and energy sector
- Deliver accurate and sharp stories under tight deadlines
- Generate analysis on short and long-term trends
- Drive coverage and insight on the world's biggest oil market, and consider oil's relationship with other traditional and new energy sources
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 recent years of reporting experience covering business or finance
- Experience working at a real-time news service
- Experience covering crude oil or products as a reporter
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.blpcareers.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.