We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our analysis team. You're one of those people who have a passion for energy markets, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an extraordinary ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our New Delhi office as part of the India analyst team, for Bloomberg NEF. Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities.
With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information.
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We'll trust you to:
- Become an authority on solar sector with a focus on the demand, supply, policy and industry dynamics, working as an analyst within the India team
- Analyze complex subjects both quantitatively and qualitatively, and make them understandable and relevant to a wide range of clients with different concerns
- Track and write about short-term solar market developments
- Generate forecasts, track policies and market development, identify new trends and business practices
- Work with our central modelling team to build rooftop and utility-scale PV economics models
- Deliver value to our clients across the globe, through reports, data sets and direct interaction
What's the role:
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Develop and implement market-driving products, data sets, forecasts, and tools
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Promote high degree of knowledge leadership in the market
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry and promote/represent BNEF across a wide variety of senior partners
- Contribute to one-off pieces of consultancy on specific topics
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
You'll need to have:
- Interest in and enthusiasm for renewable energy, power markets, and utilities
- An advanced degree in sciences, engineering, economics or business and/or 3-5* years of experience in a related field
- Extraordinary communication skills in English: writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media).
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with data
- Strong familiarity with renewable markets, financial analysis, and corporate strategy
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying skepticism to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Curiosity and the ability to quickly understand, distill and relate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Confidence conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts and academics
- Excellent time management skills and confidence working on multiple projects at once, able to keep up with a demanding, dynamic environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience within energy industry or management consulting
- Knowledge of the economics of renewable energy, solar PV, and energy storage markets
- Post-graduate qualifications in business strategy, finance or power management
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request for more information via https://about.bnef.com/contact