We are seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our analysis team. You're one of those people who have a passion for energy markets, and you want to be at the forefront of this exciting industry. You naturally form original opinions, and you have an extraordinary ability to communicate these to your audience. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to analyze critically complex subjects. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our New Delhi office as part of the India analyst team, for Bloomberg New Energy Finance - the industry research firm that helps energy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities. Our team of authorities, spread across six continents, provides independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and government.
We'll trust you to:
- Become an authority on solar sector with a focus on the demand, supply, policy and industry dynamics, working as an analyst within the India team
- Analyze complex subjects both quantitatively and qualitatively, and make them understandable and relevant to a wide range of clients with different concerns
- Track and write about short-term solar market developments
- Generate forecasts, track policies and market development, identify new trends and business practices
- Work with our central modelling team to build rooftop and utility-scale PV economics models
- Deliver value to our clients across the globe, through reports, data sets and direct interaction
What's the role:
- Together with other team members, identify topics of interest to clients, conduct research, and report on the findings in a timely manner
- Develop and implement market-driving products, data sets, forecasts, and tools
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Promote high degree of knowledge leadership in the market
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry and promote/represent BNEF across a wide variety of senior partners
- Contribute to one-off pieces of consultancy on specific topics
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects
You'll need to have:
- Interest in and enthusiasm for renewable energy, power markets, and utilities
- An advanced degree in sciences, engineering, economics or business and/or 3-5* years of experience in a related field
- Extraordinary communication skills in English: writing (for research reports), reading (to conduct research) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media).
- Confidence and accuracy conducting numerical analysis and familiarity with data
- Strong familiarity with renewable markets, financial analysis, and corporate strategy
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, extracting key patterns, applying skepticism to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Curiosity and the ability to quickly understand, distill and relate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Confidence conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts and academics
- Excellent time management skills and confidence working on multiple projects at once, able to keep up with a demanding, dynamic environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience within energy industry or management consulting
- Knowledge of the economics of renewable energy, solar PV, and energy storage markets
- Post-graduate qualifications in business strategy, finance or power management
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.