South Asia Economy and Government Editor - New Delhi
Posted Jan 25, 2024 - Requisition No. 122825
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It’s what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are seeking an editor on our Economy and Government team based in New Delhi or Mumbai to help elevate our coverage of South Asia. Reporting to a regional Managing Editor, you will play a vital role in working with reporters to deliver breaking news, impactful scoops, authoritative analysis and memorable enterprise across South Asia – home to one of the world’s fastest growing economies as well as countries grappling with debt crises and political unrest.
You have a strong understanding of economics and politics as well as a background in innovative, cross-platform journalism. You can edit cleanly, oversee exciting projects and collaborate with teams and bureaus across the newsroom. You excel in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to quickly build out breaking news and then step back to explain what it all means to a global audience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Make quick and critical judgement calls to identify the most important stories and spot gaps in coverage
- Produce concise edits that resonate with a wide audience -- from sophisticated terminal users to casual online readers
- Contribute across platforms to elevate copy, mentor reporters and shape compelling story ideas
- Build relationships within the newsroom to ensure our coverage resonates globally and across all platforms
You’ll need to have:
- At least 5 years of financial journalism experience, including working on both breaking news and enterprise
- Experience covering politics and economy as a reporter or editor
- Experience working and collaborating with various team in an international newsroom
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative spirit and the aim to innovate and experiment
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.