2019 Equity Research Data Analyst
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Terminal. We provide portfolio managers with real time information on companies’ financial performance to assist in profitability analysis, and to determine the risk and return of their investment. Buy-side and sell-side equity analysts use our data to create valuation models in order to provide stock recommendations, target prices, and to assess the viability of investing in a company.
What’s the role?
As an Equity Research Data Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of special industry data for a portfolio of companies across a sector. You will work closely with experienced Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) Research Analysts to learn the ins and outs of conducting investment research while ensuring that we have the best in class industry and company specific data coverage on the market. You will gain knowledge on how technology, regulation, litigation and economies shape the environment each company operates in – and about the larger industry impact.
You can expect to:
- Leverage advanced data analysis activities to effectively manage high quality coverage for portfolio of companies
- Manage industry specific projects to ensure that deliverables are met, including identifying projects, delegating responsibilities to peers, and communicating to related stakeholders
- Identify current gaps and working with stakeholders to onboard new data sets
- Contribute to BI research content, including charting and visual support
- Create and maintain company financial models leveraging Bloomberg proprietary applications
- Facilitate communication across teams and products to assure data alignment
- Provide support to internal and external clients and stakeholders on BI functionality and data content within dashboard construction and maintenance
- Identify innovative workflow efficiencies and propose improvements to enhance financial and industry data quality and timeliness
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Earned a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or relevant discipline from a four year college or university prior to starting
- Are able to work full time starting in 2019
- Are legally authorized to work full time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
You also need to have:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, interpreting financial statements, and exposure to quantitative financial analysis
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Excel, VBA a plus
- Effective leadership and coordination skills while managing multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills demonstrated in client facing environment
- Experience conducting research and relaying findings in succinct, concise manner with ability to identify key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters
- The ability to thrive and deliver in a dynamic environment
We’d love to see:
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
- Demonstrated interest or experience using one or more programming language
- CFA designation (or working towards it)
- Experience transforming workflows into more timely and efficient processes
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.