2020 Financial Research Data Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Sep 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 77688
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real-time financial information available on the Bloomberg Terminal. We provide portfolio managers with information on companies’ financial performance to assist in profitability analysis, and to determine the risk and return of their investment. Buy-side and sell-side equity analysts use our data to create valuation models in order to provide stock recommendations, target prices, and to assess the viability of investing in a company.
What’s the role?
As a Financial Research Data Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring the consistency, quality and timely delivery of special industry data and key performance indicators for a portfolio of companies across a sector. You will work closely with experienced research analysts on the Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) team to learn the ins and outs of conducting investment research while ensuring that Bloomberg offers the best in class industry and company specific data coverage in the market. You will gain knowledge on how technology, regulation, litigation and economies shape the environment each company operates in – and about the larger industry impact. Most roles will be Equity focused, but may also be opportunities to work with other BI Research teams including Corporate Credit, Fixed Income Strategy, FX/Interest Rate Strategy, Equity Strategy, ETFs, and ESG.
You can expect to:
- Attain in-depth knowledge of your assigned sector from company, industry, and credit perspectives
- Leverage advanced data analysis activities to effectively manage high quality coverage for portfolio of companies
- Create and maintain company financial models leveraging Bloomberg proprietary applications
- Facilitate communication across teams and products to assure data alignment
- Produce research and analysis on a specific company within your sector and present to the Bloomberg Intelligence management team
- Manage industry specific projects to ensure that deliverables are met, including identifying projects, delegating responsibilities to peers, and communicating to related stakeholders
- Identify current gaps and working with stakeholders to onboard new data sets
- Contribute to BI research content, including charting and visual support
- Provide support to internal and external clients and stakeholders on BI functionality and data content within dashboard construction and maintenance
- Identify innovative workflow efficiencies and propose improvements to enhance financial and industry data quality and timeliness
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university prior to starting
- Can begin working full-time in 2020
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
You also need to have:
- Demonstrated project, work experience, or coursework that shows your interest and knowledge in the financial markets
- Knowledge of accounting principles, interpreting financial statements, and exposure to quantitative financial analysis
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Excel, VBA a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- The ability to thrive and deliver in a dynamic environment
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- Demonstrated interest or experience using one or more programming language
We’d love to see:
- Experience conducting research and relaying findings in succinct, concise manner with ability to identify key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters
- Experience transforming workflows into more timely and efficient processes
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.