2022 Client Financial Services Representative
New York, NY
Posted Sep 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 93846
We are a global business and financial information and news leader, giving influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. To be successful we need people and teams who have the passion and pace to deliver to our clients. Our teams consist of individuals who are analytical, organized and results oriented with a passion for great customer service.
Bloomberg Accounting Operations is seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to join the New York Client Financial Services department. As part of this fast paced team, you will learn various aspects of Accounts Receivable, Billing, and Contracts within the North America Region.
What's in it for you?
- You will be responsible for ensuring the collection of aged receivables and timely application of payments.
- You will work alongside internal departments to answer client queries and bring them to a resolution.
- You will work alongside our New York billing team to resolve pricing issues and invoice disputes, as well as work with Sales to build strong working relationships and identify key areas for improvement.
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain positive relationships with our customers by providing excellent service
- Log all collection notes on our database or the internal ticketing system
- Be accountable for a sizable collections portfolio and meet specific, targeted goals related to the aging of open receivables
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements
- Be responsible for processing customer refunds, write-offs, escheatable items, and preparing delinquent customers for third party collections
- Collaborate with our internal Sales, Contracts, Installations and Billing Teams in order to resolve outstanding issues
You need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot and solve complex problems while utilizing multiple system interfaces and addressing a high volume of work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Flexibility within a constantly changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate effectively with team members
- At a minimum, we require that you are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
We'd love to see:
- 1-3 year's recent and relevant experience in accounting operations, corporate collections, and/or Accounts Receivable
- Proven ability at successfully managing a large-scale account portfolio
- Previous experience in a customer service or client-facing role
- Knowledge of SAP
- Project management experience
- Interest in Finance and/or Accounting
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.