2022 Summer Media Technology Internship
New York, NY
Posted Sep 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 95364
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, experienced opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Around the clock, from around the globe- our Media Technology Group supports live production for Television, Radio, and digital and OTT platforms. From our world headquarters in New York City, you will do much more than keep the lights on. With over 2,300 news professionals in 150 bureaus across 73 countries- we face exciting challenges every minute of every day.
You will work within a dynamic and collaborative team passionate about evolving and optimizing our global technology infrastructure powering our Media newsroom across linear and digital platforms. The team works with leading and up-and-coming technologies to provide Media Workflow and Infrastructure solutions for live TV, Radio, Digital, and OTT platforms delivering content coverage and product capabilities for Bloomberg Media’s portfolio of video and audio pillars.
Strong technology, communication, and analytical skills are vital, as we work with Media optimized technologies for video/audio content creation, packaging and distribution in both on premise and cloud based environments. This role requires flexibility with your availability as projects are enacted in a real-world, live newsroom with global coverage of markets and financial news growing our brand and reach. The position will provide the opportunity for software development and hardware integration as well as use of Web Services, Docker, Kuberneties, and Media specific packaging technologies while interacting and working with staged and live infrastructure solutions.
We’re looking for:
- Someone who is self-directed and self-motivated with the desire and ability to jump into a project in any role needed
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking ability with clear communication skills
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP/REST), XML, JSON
- Experience with Git, GitHub, Bit Bucket versioning systems
- Availability to work full time for 10 weeks, beginning in June 2022
- Minimum two years of undergraduate study completed
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar subject area (major)
- Knowledge of signal flow/data flow modelling for signals and payloads
- Experience with Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), SQLServer, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Experience in JEE technology stack. Full Stack Development capabilities supporting database, server side development, front-end development and CI/CD integration
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration environment using Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless platforms, Terraform
- Experience working with AWS and Azure tools and environments
- Open to working with automated unit test frameworks
Programming Knowledge (minimum four of the following):
- Web Services
- Continuous Integration
- REST Webservices
Deadline to Apply: Please submit your application by Friday, October 22nd
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg"
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status