A1 Audio Operator (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Jan 27, 2020 - Requisition No. 80955
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is seeking a freelance A1 Audio Operator to cover several of our technical studio positions in a live 24/7 broadcast environment at our World Headquarters in New York City.
We'll trust you to:
- Mix multiple studio anchors, reporters, and guests as well as remote guests and feeds, music, and sound on tape.
- Manipulate EQ, gain, compression, and delay settings for any audio source. You will assign each studio anchor and guest a microphone and IFB as well as create and assign several mix/minus feeds to each IFB.
- Monitor battery levels and trouble shoot for any issues, maintain show memories, RTS pages and show music.
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of one year practical TV Production, or related experience
- Knowledge of Audio signal flow, microphones and IFBs (Lectrosonics)
- Expertise in Audio boards (Calrec Artemis) and Audio mixing
- Understanding of the RTS system (KP-12/KP-32)
- Perform at a high level under strict timelines and/or LIVE conditions
- Acute attention to detail
- Organizational, efficiency and planning skills
- Ability to work all shifts, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.