API Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Sep 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 95655
The API Products team is responsible for Bloomberg’s Desktop API & Server API, which deliver a wide set of data and analytics spanning across all asset classes via API. The team is responsible for building workflow tools and functionality to meet client needs, be it for data, advanced analytics, or our EMS/OMS/Portfolio APIs. The team also leads the integration of the APIs with third-party applications ranging from Excel, Office Online to BI tools. Server API allows clients to meet additional use-cases by consuming the same APIs in server-side vendor and proprietary applications, including web-based, mobile native, and cloud-hosted applications.
The Product Manager position within Bloomberg plays a key role in driving innovation. This role is a unique opportunity within our API Products team, which brings together the latest technology, market-leading industry products, cross-Bloomberg content and delivery platforms including web-based, mobile-based and cloud.
The team is looking for an agile and innovative individual with experience in financial markets and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment to join the team. You would be responsible for understanding client needs, inputting into the product strategy, managing overall delivery and overseeing the go to market for the product.
The projects span asset classes and include:
- Collaborate with Product Managers across Bloomberg to build tools in MS Office to complement the Bloomberg terminal
- Collaborating with the Enterprise team to delivery new datasets via Excel
- Bringing to market Excel functions for cross-asset analytics APIs from design testing to release
- Observing the market and inputting into the API Product business plan to shape product strategy
We’ll trust you to:
- Think strategically and creatively to gather product and process insights from key internal and external stakeholders
- Own and coordinate product development end-to-end across design, implementation, and client release
- Engage with clients to understand requirements, workflows, and key decision variables
- Partner with Engineering to ensure deliverables are well understood and coordinate overall delivery to plan
- Drive the roadmap and prioritize developments, considering customer input, product strategy, key value proposition, and competitor landscape
You’ll need to have:
- A degree/master’s/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance
- Experience in product management with at least 3 years of experience
- Experience with software delivery methodologies, in particular the Agile process
- Demonstrated experience in financial markets and demonstrable knowledge of client workflows
- Experience developing tools or Add-Ins in MS Office
- Very strong communication skills both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills with a drive for impeccable quality
- Ability to work with a high level of precision in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.