New York, NY
Posted Mar 20, 2018 - Requisition No. 66120
The Bloomberg Audio Visual team and technologies touch every business unit and every service offering. It is the primary resource utilized to facilitate real time, face to face communication and enables work-from-home / remote location collaboration. AV is utilized everywhere and will need to be accessible anywhere.
We support, suggest, and facilitate institutional collaboration technology across the globe. We connect decision makers with information and enable business to happen anywhere. We are vital to the firm’s scalability and essential to leveraging a global knowledge base.
Our service offerings fall into five distinct categories; Event Technology, UC Collaboration, AV Infrastructure, AV Design / Build Management, and Digital Signage.
What's The Role?
As an AV Engineer, you will be working in a dynamic multi-faceted environment involving digital signage, live events, video conferencing, training room management and day to day conference room support. An ability to make high pressure decisions on the fly is necessary. An uncompromising attitude towards customer service is a requirement.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Have at least 5-8 years’ experience in Network Broadcast or Live Event support with event driven Audio Visual Systems.
- Have a deep domain expertise and proven experience in operating all aspects of live event support including but not limited to audio and video switching systems, lighting control systems, presentation playback and control systems.
- Be able to communicate, lead and trouble-shoot complex audio, video and control systems, as well as the ability to discuss specific examples and impact of live events.
- Have strong experience as an operating technician, as well as planning and execution of live audio visual special events is required. Strong background in working with BlackMagic, Allen and Heath, Purelink, Extron, Crestron, Cisco and Vidyo is highly desirable.
- Have the ability to learn new systems in a short timeframe, capability to work flexible hours and capable of traveling up to 10% of your time.
You’ll Need To Have:
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service, including to C-Suite executives, under any and all circumstances
- Minimum of 5-8years' experience in operating/commissioning of AV systems
- AMX & Crestron experience
- InfoComm CTS certification, CTS-I is preferred
- Strong computer skills (PC, Mac, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, Power Point)
- Ability to setup, test, calibrate, and commission equipment and devices as required to create a fully functional AV system. This includes video displays, display systems, screens, cameras, switchers, scalers, processors, transmitters, receivers, interfaces, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, controls, and other active and passive devices.
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Team player
We’d Love To See:
- Detailed support experience with OS, IOS, Windows, Android, and Blackberry
- Detailed experience with Codian, Call Manager, VCSc, VCSe and Vidyo
- Audio DSP platform certifications desired (Examples: Biamp, ClearOne, Polycom)
- Video processing platform certification desired (Examples: Extron, Jupiter, Christie)
- 1 Control system platform certification desired (Examples: AMX, Crestron, Extron)
- Strong technical/troubleshooting skills
- Complete working knowledge of today's AV & VTC technology
- Event Management-Work with event's team to ensure each and every event goes smoothly
- Ability to respond to changes in a short time frame, and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to be flexible as a great teammate and willingness to learn in a dynamic environment are a must
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.